Sustainability during the pandemic – DMC Mekong Image Travel & Events Sustainability Report 2020-2021
Since our last report at the end of 2019, things have changed drastically. In ways that nobody could have predicted with the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. Many of our planned actions have been delayed. But we have remained active and focused on more appropriate matters during these difficult times.
We are now up for renewal of our Travel life Partner Certificate which we hope to extend until 2023.
Here are some of the Actions done by DMC Mekong Image Travel & Events during the past two years:
- Landslides and extreme weather conditions hit the Central Highlands (Đắk Lắk Province). We organized a clothing collection and distribution to underprivileged children and families.
- Our Director started to teach Tourism at Van Lang University in Ho Chi Minh City with sustainable tourism as one of the focus points of his lectures.
- Helped organize and followed the Trans-Vietnam tour of the FPTU University in Ho Chi Minh City, adding sustainable tourism to the program. Follow this link for more information on the event
- Created a new community “Du Lịch Có Trách Nhiệm” for different actors of the tourism industry in our country (Tour-Operator, Accommodation, Restaurants, Services). This is one of our biggest projects and hopes that awareness of sustainable tourism will grow in the years to come. Follow this link to access the Facebook Page of our community
- Partner with Green Trips Vietnam to promote their clean-up event all over Vietnam. Link to the event
- Partner up with Xanh Vietnam on their competition with environmental protection as a main topic for students. DMC Mekong Image Travel & Events was founding the prizes for this competition. More information about the competition is under this link
- Organized a charity tour of villages around Kontum. Staff members and domestic tourists participated in the tour with all benefits given to local communities. More information about voluntourism.
- One week-long South Vietnam tour with Sustainable Tourism as a main focus organized for students of the Van Lang University in Saigon (400+ students). Every day, the students help the environment or local communities, and six different charity events were held during the tour. Follow this link for information about the tour. Follow this link for information about the charity events
With the ongoing pandemic, we have decided to focus on education so that all future tourism professionals in our country have the opportunity to start working following better practices.
Even with the obvious difficulties of the current situation, DMC Mekong Image Travel & Events is still engaged in Sustainable Tourism and remains optimistic about the ability to come back stronger than all tourism actors in our beloved country.