Sustainability during the pandemic – DMC Mekong Image Travel & Events Sustainability Report 2020-2021
Since our last report at the end of 2019 things have changed drastically, in ways that nobody could have predicted with the ongoing covid-19 pandemic. Many of the actions we had planned have been put on hold, but we have still been active and focused on more appropriate matters during these difficult times. We are now up for renewal of our Travelife Partner Certificate that we hope to extend until 2023. Here are some of the Actions done by DMC Mekong Image Travel & Events during the past two years:
- The Central Highlands (Đắk Lắk Province) were hit by landslides and extreme weather conditions. We organized a collection of clothes for underprivileged kids and families after which we went to visit the villages and hand the clothes that had been collected.
- Our Director started to teach Tourism at the Van Lang University in Ho Chi Minh City with sustainable tourism as one of the focus points of his lectures.
- Helped organize and followed the Trans-Vietnam tour of the FPTU University in Ho Chi Minh City, adding sustainable tourism to the program. Follow this link for more information on the event
- Created a new community “Du Lịch Có Trách Nhiệm” for different actors of the tourism industry in our country (Tour-Operator, Accommodation, Restaurants, Services). This is one of our biggest projects and hope that awareness in sustainable tourism will grow in the years to come. Follow this link to access the Facebook Page of our community
- Partner-up with Green Trips Vietnam to promote their clean-up event all over Vietnam. Link to the event
- Partner-up with Xanh Vietnam on their competition with environmental protection as a main topic for students. DMC Mekong Image Travel & Events was founding the prizes for this competition. More information about the competition under this link
- Organized a charity tour to villages around Kontum. Staff members and domestic tourists participated in the tour with all benefits given to local communities. More information about the voluntourism.
- One week long South Vietnam tour with Sustainable Tourism as a main focus organized for students of the Van Lang University in Saigon (400+ students). Every day students were completing actions helping the environment or local communities and 6 different charity events were held during the tour. Follow this link for information about the tour. Follow this link for information about the charity events