Two years after our Travelife Partner award
It has been almost two years since DMC Mekong Image Travel & Events achieved Travelife Partner award. It is therefore time to summarize the actions carried out over the past two years.Our Travelife Certificate for 2019-2021
- Following severe weather in Northern Vietnam, DMC Mekong Image Travel & Events organized a day at Mu Cang Chai to help people by distributing clothing and other items that were useful to landslide victims.
- During this year, Travelife's rules were implemented in the offices of DMC Mekong Image Travel & Events and Mekong Villages. The way of working and the working environment have therefore changed slightly. Staff have been trained in the basics of sustainable tourism.
- The agency usually hosts trainees throughout the year. In 2017, a trainee went to an orphanage to teach French for two weeks.
- It's in 2018, that we really improved our waste management in our agency and during our tours. We set up different bins to sort waste; a bin for plastic, one for paper and one for organic waste. Staff were also provided with a reusable water bottle to reduce the use of single-use plastic bottles.
- We continued to focus on helping local people by promoting homestay housing in our programs. As for example, with the village Ai that we helped to develop a few years ago.
- We organized several days of clean-up in the Mekong Delta. We realized these days in partnership with the community of volunteers Trashpackers. We support them in financing their projects and participating in several awareness-raising missions in several provinces of Vietnam.
- Our guides have also started to offer our customers to pick up waste spontaneously during tours, this is of course not mandatory.